Frequently Asked Questions


Health insurance

Question: What kind of insurance is required?

Either a national or private one. Your insurance should be valid in Poland so that you may seek medical assistance whilst in Poland. EU/EEA/ Swiss nationals covered by a statutory social security scheme may apply for EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) which is issued free of charge.


Sample EHIC card


Non-EU candidates should provide a copy of their insurance signed with a private/ State company. Such document, proving a scope of medical treatment coverage, should be written (or sworn translated to) Polish or English.

Alternatively, a non-EU candidate may submit a written statement saying that he/she obliges to purchase an insurance upon arrival to Poland.


Certified true copy

Question: What is a certified true copy?

certified (true) copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document, that has on it an endorsement, a certificate or stamp/ seal saying that it is a true copy of the primary document. It does not certify that the primary document is genuine, only that it is a true copy of the primary document.


 What certified copies are accepted:

  • Notary Public
  • Court
  • Lawyer/ Barrister
  • any other institution legally entitled to make certified copies of legal documents


What certified copies are NOT accepted:

  • from your school
  • from post office
  • from bank
  • from any retail seller
  • printing shop



Health certificate

Question: Which tests results should be included in the Health Certificate? May I do them later?

  1. Chest X-ray 

  2. Blood tests; complete morphology and AST ALT blood liver test

  3. HIV test

    Chest X-ray results are valid for 2 years. In case you had chest X-rayed earlier than 2 years ago, a new test must be done.

Results of the abovementioned tests should be filled in by your GP, or may be submitted seperately (i.e: you may submit your application earlier and deliver remaining information from the health certificate later) as originals or photocopies.


Question: What are epidemiological tests?

Due to the Polish regulations - every person who is to work with patients needs to undergo epidemiological examinations.

During your first year of studies you will be given 3 certificates which will allow you to examine your stool samples at the Sanitary Office. READ MORE

footer background

Pomorski Uniwersytet Medyczny w Szczecinie

ul. Rybacka 1, 70-204 Szczecin,
tel. 91 48 00 700 / 800, fax 91 48 00 705
NIP 852-000-67-57, Regon 000288886